Tis the season of glitz and glam but don’t worry BHabes, you don’t have to spend a fortune to make sure you’re looking fab this New Year. We have some of our fave DIY at home recipes so you can be a beauty on a budget from lip scrubs to body scrubs we’ve got you covered:
Body Coffee Scrub
The tiny granules are gentle on the skin, while still being effective at removing dead cells from the skin’s surface. Plus, there’s some scientific evidence that caffeine may help diminish the appearance of cellulite, win win!
1/2 cup Coffee grounds
2 tbsp hot water
1 tbsp Coconut Oil, warmed
- Add the coffee grounds and hot water to a mixing bowl and mix thoroughly with a spoon.
- Add the coconut oil. If needed, add more coffee grounds or more oil to get the consistency right.
- When you’re satisfied with the consistency, spoon the mixture into a container and use.
DIY Lemon Lip Scrub
The harsh cold winter air can cause dry lips. Get rid of dry lips and exfoliate and moisturise dry with this refreshing lemon lip scrub.
1 teaspoon Jojoba Oil
1 teaspoon raw Honey
1-2 tablespoons Sugar
Lemon essential oil
- In a small bowl mix the Jojoba Oil, Honey, and a few drops of Lemon essential oil.
- Stir in Sugar; mix until fully combined with Honey.
- Apply to the lips and gently rub to exfoliate. Leave on for a minute or two to help the Jojoba Oil moisturise.
- Use a wet washcloth to remove scrub.
Whipped Body Butter
Nothing beats a thick, nourishing body butter that leaves you moisturised and glowing. This body butter will leave your skin feeling super soft and smooth.
1⁄3 cup Coconut Oil
1⁄3 cup Shea Butter
1⁄3 cup Cocoa Butter
1/3 cup Jojoba Oil or Sweet Almond Oil
2 teaspoons Arrowroot Powder (optional)
15-30 drops Essential Oils (your choice of essential oil)
- Combine all ingredients except essential oils, and heat on the stove.
- Bring to medium heat and stir constantly until all ingredients are melted.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Move to the fridge and let cool another 1 hour or until starting to harden but still slightly soft.
- Use a hand mixer to whip for 10 minutes until fluffy, add essential oils and whip for another minute.
- Store in a jar with a lid and it’s ready to use!
We’d love to know if you have any DIY at home recipes you love using! Drop a comment below and share with our Big Hair BHabes.